Col (Hony) Dr Habbu
Education & Qualifications Primary & Secondary School
- King George High School, Bombay.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL GOVERNMENT SCHOLAR DURING SECONDARY SCHOOL
- NCC B CERTIFICATE
- BHOSALA MILITARY SUMMER SCHOOL
- M.B.B.S. 1971 V.M. MEDICAL COLLEGE SOLAPUR
- D.P.H. (Diploma in Public Health) 1972.
- M.D. 1975 GRANT MEDICAL COLLEGE BOMBAY
- Member of Faculty of Homoeopathy (Med)(U.K.)
- Worked as Lecturer and then Reader, Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Grant
- Medical College, Mumbai from 1971 to 1975.
Among others, his late father Dr V K Habbu, Dr ML Dhavale, Dr June Mary Berger, Dr Foubiester, Dr L R Twentyman, Dr C O Kennedy and Dr Margery Blackie.
- Practising homeopathy in Mumbai since 1976 and also in Pune since 1981. Currently practises on three days of the week in Pune and the rest of the week in Mumbai.
- Previously held the post of Honorary Consultant at Sanjeevan Hospital and during this tenure gave lectures to undergraduate students of Dhondumama Sathe Homeopathic Medical College besides conducting a busy fortnightly outpatient clinic with an average attendance of around 120 patients per day.
- Previously conducted a homeopathic outpatient clinic as Honorary Consultant at the Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune once a month, where he saw about 80 patients per day.
- In addition has taught homeopathic doctors at the private clinics in Mumbai and Pune. Thus far around 70 students have done such a type of training and most of them are doing well in their own private practices. This is not a formal course and the student doctors are not charged for the experience.
- He conducts a charitable homeopathic clinic at the 101 Infantry Battalion (TA) Maratha LI, Pune twice a month since November 1990, where he provides free consultation to all the patients, which include officers and families of all the three services. On an average he sees 200 patients per day there.
- In recognition of his services he was conferred the rank of Honorary Lieutenant Colonel by the Honourable President of India in 1997 and then the rank of Honorary Colonel in 2007 by the Honourable President of India.
- Was awarded regimental citation from Colonel of the Regiment, Maratha Light Infantry during bicentenary celebration in the year 2000 in recognition of service to the regiment.
- Was conferred the honour of the Savarkar “Smriti Chinha” by the Veer Savarkar Pratisthan in recognition of his contribution to the society in his capacity as medical practitioner.
- Was awarded Best Practitioner Award by the Top Management Club, Pune.
- Was awarded the Dr Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Practitioner Award in 2018 by the Dr Mahendra Singh Memorial Trust, Kolkata.
Homoeopathic clues from Astute Observation
- 19 February, 2021
- 20:00 - 20:45
- Zoom Webinar